Job Title: Sr Application Engineer
Department: Technical Services
Experience: Mid- level
Location: Home office
Adaptive Corporation has been in business since 2006. We are a Platinum level reseller of innovative CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM, business analytics, metrology and 3D printing solutions. We stay at the forefront of best in class technology.
Adaptive’s growth is powered by working closely with its 500+ customer to understand their business challenges and deliver the necessary software, hardware, and professional services to address them. Our customer base includes leading discrete and process manufacturers of industrial and consumer products as well as the suppliers that provide the underlying sub-systems.
Successfully creating and delivering a product is no longer a linear process. It needs to be a collaborative experience that empowers everyone to contribute the right information at the right time, eliminating the friction caused by traditional approaches with disparate tools and systems. Adaptive enables innovation by applying technology to streamline business processes, reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
By partnering with Adaptive, our customers are able to reduce costs and cycle times throughout product planning, development, manufacturing, and after-market service.
The Simulation Application Engineer is a key role for our organization. This is a role for uniquely talented individuals – blending both technical expertise and people skills. The Simulation AE must not only understand technology and value continuous learning of new features and packages, but they must also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Knowledge and demonstration of Abaqus is a must, with a willingness to learn 3DEXPERIENCE, SPDM, fe-safe, TOSCA and ANSA.
- Work in partnership with the sales team, demonstrating SIMULIA and SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE products to potential customers, thereby helping customers to understand how the software will benefit their team, and answering questions about features. Technical presentations may be done virtually over the web, or onsite at a client location
- Provide technical support to Adaptive customers for all SIMULIA and SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE products – helping customers to perform functions within the software, and helping customers with installation issues
- Perform consulting engagements with Adaptive customers; perform simulations primarily using Abaqus and Abaqus CAE. Experience with 3DEXPERIENCE, fe-safe, TOSCA, Dymola, and ANSA preprocessor are all a plus. Experience with CFD, Acoustics and Systems Engineering will be given consideration as well.
- Provide training to Adaptive customers, focused on SIMULIA and 3DEXPERIENCE products
- Work in partnership with the technical team for common practices, processes and communication
- Develop internal company processes and collection of use-case demonstrations to benefit the efficiency of the Adaptive organization
- Develop technical collateral for marketing events and sales engagements related to SIMULIA and SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE products
- Provide enablement for sales and technical team for SIMULIA and SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE products
- Perform structural and/or thermal FEA analysis
- Perform linear, non-linear, dynamic and fatigue structural simulations
- Perform simulation/test correlation assessments
- Develop design targets based on analysis
- Perform bolted joint and weld joint analyses
- Experience in understanding design intent and application of engineering physics
- Daily interaction with cross function teams internal and OEM organizations
- Develop and follow best practices
- Write clear and accurate technical reports
Organization and Leadership Competencies
- Planning / Organizing – Marshall and manage the use of the support personnel to ensure client programs are running efficiently at all times. Prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolves problems time efficiently; Gather and analyze information; Develop solutions; Uses reason
- Team Player – Be a key player and operate well within the organization; consistently provide positive feedback to team members; be a key contributor to a high-functioning team that is successful and where individuals support one another in an encouraging and positive way; help maintain the upbeat and motivational nature of our culture
- Written and Oral Communication – Communicate clearly and persuasively both in writing and verbally; Listen and get clarification when necessary; Respond informatively to questions; Express yourself clearly and positively, both verbally and in writing
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional client situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit client feedback to improve service; Meet commitments
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace/Mechanical/Structural mechanics
- >7 yrs proven success in enterprise consulting/services or OEM environment
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
- Proven track record in excellent customer service
- Ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Some domestic travel may be required
Please send resumes to Jena James at email@example.com
Adaptive is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.