Oct 7th Seminar: A Roadmap For Simulation Success
***NOTE THIS IS A SEMINAR IN BLOOMINGTON, MN NOT A WEBINAR***
Join our team of simulation experts for an in-depth look at a proven roadmap for correlating analysis efforts with measured results from the field. Attendees will learn:
- How to predict and measure the true dynamic loading a system will be subjected to for more accurate FEA inputs
- How to accurately identify static load cases from dynamic data for better design decisions and product performance
- When fatigue analysis and optimization methods can be used with confidence
This seminar will provide a comprehensive roadmap, bringing together simulation software from multiple companies to provide the most accurate representation of how your system will perform. These methods will provide better synergy between analysts and the testing department as well as significantly reduce the time and costs associated with product development.
Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Register Today! Seating is limited.
Crown Plaza Suites MSP Airport – Mall of America
3 Appletree Square
Bloomington, MN 55425
This is a free seminar.
What We’ll Cover:
Session 1: Load Development & System Performance
- MBD (Multi-Body Dynamics) to predict system-level performance and virtually developed dynamic loads
- Add flexible components into MBD system models
- Optimize strain gauge locations to correlate FEA results with test data (True-Load)
- Demo- Integrate MBD and True-Load process to develop full dynamic system loads from test
- Demo – See the benefits from coupling DEM (Discrete Element Modeling) with MBD to generate material handling loads
Session 2: Fatigue Analysis
- Short primer on fatigue theory
- Weld Fatigue Analysis methods and tools
- Developing a complete Duty Cycle for accurate fatigue analysis, using loads from MBD and test.
- Demo: Setting up fatigue analysis using dynamic and quasi-static loads
Session 3: Process Automation and Optimization
- Parametric and non-parametric optimization methods
- Using Process Automation to improve model correlation with test data
- Demo: Putting it all together
***Watch this Simulation Video Example of a Cavator***
This video is a visualization of a concept dual arm excavator named Cavator simulated with advanced CAE tools. The Cavator mechanical system model is coupled with a granular material model to determine accurate material loads on the Bucket and providing insight into system level performance. ADAMS has been coupled with SIMDEM to provide a leading-edge solution.
8:00 – 8:30 am Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 10:00 am Load Development & System Performance
10:00 – 10:15 am Break
10:15 – 12:00 pm Load Development & System Performance Cont’d
12:00 – 1:00 pm Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 2:45pm Fatigue Analysis
2:45 – 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Process Automation and Optimization
4:30 End of Seminar
Continuing Education Credits
This seminar qualifies for hours towards Continuing Education Credits.
The Minnesota Board does not pre-approve courses and activities, however to the best of our knowledge this course/activity meets continuing education requirements outlined in MN Statue 326.107. Final discretion is up to the Board.