SIMULIA eSeminar Series:
- Thursday March 1st: PSD fatigue with Abaqus and fe-safe
- Thursday March 22nd: Super Large Simulations with High Performance and Accuracy
Thursday March 1st: PSD fatigue with Abaqus and fe-safe
PSD fatigue method is one of the popular vibration fatigue assessment methods (both testing and analysis) in many industries and it has been implemented in fe-safe since version 6.5. This eSeminar demonstrates the PSD fatigue analysis procedure with Abaqus and fe-safe. The PSD fatigue method and algorithm in the latest fe-safe version are mature enough to be used for the production workflows. This eSeminar also demonstrates the effect of PSD frequency resolution and the results comparison between time-domain and frequency-domain analyses of vibration fatigue.
- Complete understanding on the procedure of PSD fatigue analysis with Abaqus and fe-safe
- Ready to prepare all ingredients of PSD fatigue analysis including
- PSD definition which can be converted from time history or given
- Abaqus input file template with proper material definition, analysis procedure and output control
- fe-safe PSD fatigue settings
- Understanding on various algorithms of PSD fatigue implemented in the latest fe-safe
- Results and efficiency comparisons between time-domain and frequency-domain vibration fatigue calculations
Jaehwan Choi joined DS in 2004 after getting Ph.D. degree from the Ohio State University. Jaehwan has been working on various consulting projects including the rubber and plastic material modeling which covers the basic hyperelastic behavior to the fatigue crack growth behavior. Prior to join DS, Jaehwan worked for Hyundai Motor Company in Korea for 11 years as CAE engineer on vehicle body structure.
Thursday March 22nd: Super Large Simulations with High Performance and Accuracy
Engineers face the challenge of solving larger and more complex simulation problems. An end-to-end scalable solution helps simulate super large models with high fidelity, high performance, and low costs. Register for this eSeminar and learn the state-of-art simulation technologies and best practices for solving super large models. This will be demonstrated on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform using various industry workflows.
- Trend in FE Structural Simulations
- Enhanced Iterative Solver Technology
- High-Performance Modeling and Meshing
- High-Performance Computing
- High-Performance Results Analytics
- Industry Workflows for Turbine Blade, Engine Assembly, and BGA Solder Joints
Yunfei Shi, 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation Solution Consultant
Yunfei Shi is a 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation Solution Consultant at Dassault Systèmes, SIMULIA. Prior to this, he was a Technical Support Manager and also worked on realistic human simulations at SIMULIA. He received a Ph.D. degree of Biomedical Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, USA.
Wen-Jun He, Director, 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation
Wen-Jun HE is currently leading the Growth Initiative of Democratization of Simulation in Dassault Systèmes, SIMULIA. He started his technical sales career at DS Japan in 1998 and supported the usage of designer simulation in automotive, aerospace and industrial equipment industries. Wen-Jun became the leader of SIMULIA Japan Industry Team in 2010 and the SIMULIA brand leader for AP South in 2013 before moved to his current position based in DS Providence campus. Prior to joining Dassault Systèmes, Wen-Jun did his post-doctorate research on ceramic coating of carbon-carbon composites at Tokyo University in Japan and he was an associate professor in Solid Mechanics at Zhejiang University in China.
Vladimir Belsky has a Ph.D. degree in Structural Engineering from the University of Civil Engineering in Moscow, Russia. He started his career at SIMULIA in 1996 as a Development Engineer. Currently, he is the R&D Director of Solver Technologies at Dassault Systèmes, SIMULIA. He and his group are responsible for the development of highly efficient scalable linear equation solvers, eigensolvers and other capabilities heavily influenced by the solver technology.