How to setup SIMULIA Established Product License using Managed DSLS
What is Managed DSLS?
Managed DSLS is also known as Managed Licensing service.
The managed licensing service provides you with the ability to run certain levels of on-premises DSLS-enabled apps. Which means that DS now offers the possibility of a managed DSLS which serves as an alternative to a locally installed license server.
With Managed DSLS, you have the advantage that no physical machine is required to install the DS License Server. The license server is fully managed by Dassault Systèmes and located in Dassault Systemes Cloud Datacenter.
Ordering LKO for Managed DSLS license:
- OML (Online Licensing Service) Product: To ensure that only the licenses belonging to you are granted to the licensing client, licensing clients require authentication. The authentication file has a .LIC extension, and is generated using OML product feature.
- License token features required to run the analysis.
Below details should be required in the LKO request while ordering Managed DSLS license:
1. Product section:
2. License Information:
NOTE: Make sure to have same Online Instance for OML product and for the license tokens feature shown in “License Information”
To select the “ACTIVE” Online instance ID for Managed DSLS license type please contact:
- PARATE Sneha (spe4)
- RANJAN Anurag (evz)
NOTE: Here “ACTIVE” instances refers to the internal users who uses (QAL) instances for internal testing purpose.
You will then receive an e-mail from Dassault Systems containing:
- an authentication file (.LIC file)
- one administration URL for connecting directly to the Licensing Service Administration Web User Interface
- three service connection hostnames for accessing the license server fail over:
where customerID is your customer identifier provided by Dassault Systèmes. It is Online Instance ID in this case.
How to configure Managed DSLS license for SIMULIA Established Products
- The authentication file must be deployed on all your licensing client machines in the following default location:
- C:\ProgramData\DassaultSystemes\Licenses (Windows)
- /var/DassaultSystemes/Licenses (Linux)
You can also set the environment variable DSLS_AUTH_PATHNAME using a full pathname (UNC supported), if you decide to store the file in a different directory from the default one.
For Example: DSLS_AUTH_PATHNAME=G:\Shared\MyAuth.LIC
NOTE: If you do not set the DSLS_AUTH_PATHNAME variable, and there are several authentication files in the default location, only the most recent file (which supersedes the others) is taken into account.
- Retrieve the service connection host name’s from the e-mail you received and declare them in the DSLicSrv.txt file located in the above default directory given in step 2#. The port number should be 443 as follows:
where r1132101281667 is the Online Instance ID and euw1-23swi10401 is the internal switch POD name for internal user.
- Check your network configuration (firewalls and proxies) to allow https access to the three hostnames on port 443.
Licensing Service Administration Web User Interface details:
After successful configuration of Managed DSLS license, you can logon to the URL with the below address:
- Connection mode: Restricted access
- Provide the Authentication file
- Password: Your windows DS password. (It will ask to change password on logging first time)
- Change the Password for Restricted access as “DS“
Managed DSLS Eligibility
A Managed DSLS Eligibility Checker is available on 3ds.com in order to quickly access whether the customer is eligible to use the service.
Click here to check.