Markforged Introduces Blacksmith: Adaptive Manufacturing with AI for Markforged X7 Printers
Today, Markforged announced the availability of BlackSmith software that delivers AI capabilities for real time adaptive manufacturing that supports X7 Industrial Printers.
With Blacksmith, X7 is the Only Industrial Grade Printer with In Process-Part Verification, enabling self-correcting capabilities to print in-spec parts right off the printer bed.
Get to market faster with confidence in your parts by streamlining the quality control process for 3D printed parts on the X7. By scanning parts while they print, the X7 is the only industrial-grade FFF 3D printer with in-process part verification.
Get Reliable Parts Right Off the Print Bed
Get AI capabilities with Blacksmith. The software is a subscription feature available through Eiger, the additive manufacturing software for Markforged. It scans, measures, and compares dimensional accuracy data of printed parts to their design files — giving manufacturers reliable parts right off the print bed.
Benefits of Blacksmith Software:
- Verified prints off the print bed — Get known good parts at the point of fabrication. Generate, compare, and automatically store quality reports for any part printed with Blacksmith.
- Accessible and integrated workflow — Integrate regular part inspection into your additive workflow with a single click. No specialized training or complicated inspection equipment needed.
- Confirmed fleet conformity — Print consistent, predictable parts across a global fleet. Remove any headaches about part variability.
- Controlled additive quality process — Establish a standardized process for measuring additively manufactured parts.
- Expand additive applications — Transition business critical parts from traditional manufacturing to additive manufacturing with increased confidence in part quality.
Special promotion for X7 Gen 1 Customers:
Get One (1) Complimentary Turbo Print Upgrade with purchase of 1 or 3 Year Blacksmith License
The upgrade kit includes hardware and software components and is available for purchase for $4,900 starting March 18th.
Watch the Video: