Science- and process-based organizations have traditionally managed biological and chemical materials, inventory, and related processes manually—first with paper and pen and then with multiple different spreadsheets. But in order for your organization to survive and thrive in this era, you’ve got to innovate products and reduce costs to globally and sustainably deliver a high-quality product. Isolated files and siloed bits of institutional knowledge don’t drive any of the best practices that spark innovation.
Adaptive can help your organization create an environment that makes your scientists, labs, and manufacturing processes more effective and efficient. With Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA and BIOVIA CISPro—built on their 3DEXPERIENCE platform—you get an efficient, centralized system that collects critical enterprise data, encourages collaboration, and enables cross-functional development efforts.
How BIOVIA and CISPro Can Revolutionize Your Labs
BIOVIA provides the tools your teams can use to simplify complex processes, collaborate effectively worldwide, and innovate more quickly. The CISPro system adds a chemical inventory management component to the basic BIOVIA software, thereby consolidating and streamlining your material management, ordering and purchasing, and compliance processes.
With BIOVIA CISPro:
- Your lab scientists and workers can search, source, and request chemicals or supplies from an in-house stock or from external suppliers. And they can view full linked chemical data and safety data sheets (SDS).
- Your purchasers and lab managers can manage complete material inventory logistics, including purchasing, receiving, dispensing, disposal, and compliance.
- Your EHS professionals can track and monitor on-site chemicals, as well as report on regulatory actions and limits.
Of course, getting the most out of a chemical inventory management system goes beyond installing the software. That’s where Adaptive helps your teams implement operational best practices. Key practices start with basic compliance, everyone using the system as it is intended. Corporate culture must also adapt, to a point. While the system can be tailored to your organization’s needs and even to each specific lab’s needs, there must also be some compromise, some adjustment of your operations to the needs of the system.
In addition, the system should be easy to use and easy to train on, so that there are as few barriers to participation as possible. Automation and seamless integration with other enterprise systems can make operations significantly easier for your workers, so that the system complements and supplements the work done in your labs, but doesn’t replace it.
Organizations that implement BIOVIA CISPro have proven to save time and therefore money (see more in this CISPro cost infographic:
- 80% of researchers rate real-time access in chemical inventory data to be their most beneficial capability
- 50% less time per person spent on chemical and regulatory reporting
- 25% less overall time spent on chemical inventory management
Adaptive Makes it Easy to Get Started
BIOVIA CISPro is available on-premise or as a cloud subscription, and Adaptive can help you determine which implementation will be most appropriate for your current and future needs. Once the software platform is running, Adaptive can also help you tailor group settings, vendor lists, and individual workflows for each lab in your organization.
Contact us to learn more about how you can realize cost savings and efficiency improvements immediately.
Want to learn more about how CISPro can help your lab? Read these white papers to find out more:
- How to Ensure Chemical Inventory Safety and Compliance with Regulations
- Best Practices for Chemical Inventory Management