Have you experienced a CMM bottleneck recently? We’re running into more customers than ever that are telling us about their CMM Bottlenecks.
- Setup and fixture parts
- Program the CMM equipment
- Perform the inspection
- Generate the report
If we could eliminate the need for fixtures, think of the time and resources that could be saved…
If we didn’t need to have a dedicated skilled resource on staff to program the CMM, perform the physical part inspection and generate the report, think about those efficiency gains…
And…If we didn’t need to have a dedicated “clean room” for inspection, think even bigger about cost savings…
How can we achieve this?
- Accuracy to 30 Microns
- Full repeatability
- Simple to set up and use
- Not affected by heat or vibration *
- Minimal hardware and software training needed
*Operating temperature range 59 – 104°F (15 – 40°C)
Operating Humidity range (Non condensing) 10 – 90%
Aside from significant cost and time saving, what other immediate benefits could be gained?
- Opportunity to increase production volumes
- Reduced risk of missing shipping deadlines
Exceptionally fast data acquisition rates – up to 480,000 points per second can be acquired!
No fixtures needed **
How can we eliminate the need for fixtures?
The hand held laser scanners use Dynamic Referencing to align themselves to the part being scanned, the part could actually be moving whilst it is being scanned!
After the parts have been scanned, the software creates the alignment to nominal CAD data in one of the following ways:
- Surfaces or cross-sections (measured-to-nominal best-fit, constrainable in rotation/translation, and within tolerance zone)
- Features (3-2-1, pairs of center points, and GD&T datum reference frames)
- Reference points and lines (RPS, surface points, and six-point nest)
- Virtual gauges (caliper, flush & gap, and airfoil)
** Does not apply to flimsy parts or parts that will distort under their own weight
Powerful tools are available within the Inspection software that allow for very easy creation of inspection reports.
Many companies have found an almost immediate solution to their CMM Bottleneck by implementing portable Metrology solutions.
These solutions can be implemented as a standalone replacement for a CMM system but equally can be implemented to augment an existing CMM system.
Click here to schedule a demo at your facility!