Every new advance in technology means a boon for consumers—and a challenge for manufacturers. One of the latest challenges is 5G technology, which looks to provide fast communication, reliable low-latency data links, and support for vast quantities of connected devices. 5G promises new ways of doing business across a variety of industries, from smart manufacturing to safe autonomous driving and remote surgery.
Of course, our devices need to be designed to make use of it—and quickly—and that’s where manufacturers face a bumpy road. They have to deliver high-performance designs in a short time frame with no compromise to compliance, reliability, and safety. Fortunately, just as consumer technology advances by leaps and bounds, so does the technology they need to be competitive.
Digital Simulation is Critical for Innovation
Like many manufacturers designing and producing physical consumer goods, device manufacturers can improve the efficiency, speed, and reliability of their designs by making use of simulation technology. By employing virtual simulation throughout the design process, from early concept exploration to virtual compliance testing, they can save time and money by only making and testing physical prototypes when the digital simulations are error-free.
Fully integrated platforms, such as Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE, which combines simulation, modeling, manufacturing, collaboration, and intelligence apps in a single package, make the virtual simulation effort seamless.
In addition to the basic capacity in 3DEXPERIENCE for managing complex data and design variations, it’s SIMULIA solution includes CST software for electromagnetics which provides a number of advanced benefits:
- The ability to simulate full 5G systems in their environment, including the human body.
- Electromagnetic simulation speeds of up to ten times that of other simulation approaches.
- High performance computing (HPC) capabilities to explore alternate designs in parallel and meet short product timelines.
- A library of designable antenna models for rapid synthesis, modeling, and simulation.
- A complete multiphysics portfolio including structural, thermal, and fluids for co-simulation.
- High-fidelity design exploration via Design of Experiments capabilities.
- The ability to create key performance indicators (KPIs) and regulatory results with automated post-processing.
For enterprises looking to develop new products that utilize 5G technology on time and in budget, an integrated platform such as 3DEXPERIENCE can be the answer. For more information on how to maximize your installation and configuration, contact Adaptive.
Be sure to watch our on-demand webinar: Electromagnetic Simulation for Design & Analysis of Antennas & MW/RF Components.
Download one of our other resources:
Simulation Enabled Design of Microwave Filters and Multiplexers
Optimal 5G Design with Virtual Prototyping