This course introduces the user to the algorithms and methods used to study linear dynamic problems with Abaqus/Standard.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Extract eigenmodes about a certain frequency
- Maximize the convergence rate during eigenvalue extraction
- Determine whether the number of extracted eigenmodes is sufficient to represent the structure’s response adequately
- Perform transient, steady-state, response spectrum and random response analyses using the eigenmodes
- Use multiple base motions
- Apply damping in linear problems
The workshops reinforce the fundamental concepts presented in the lectures.