With the first commercial flight planned for 2023, the UAM industry has to rapidly overcome existing challenges related to safety, noise and energy efficiency. Simulation enables innovative technologies and radical ideas to be tested quickly to find the best trade-offs at the earliest design phases to not only exceed design requirements, but also remain within time and budget constraints.
Our panel of 5 experts specialized in Structures, Electromagnetism, Battery Engineering, Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics will walk you through topics key to widespread eVTOL adoption.
- Challenges surrounding HIRF (High Intensity Radiated Field) in urban areas
- Structural safety of the aircraft, especially when exposed to external obstacles (bird strike, lightning, etc.)
- Effectiveness of battery technology to support urban air mobility
- Using simulation to maximize aircraft aerodynamic efficiency
- Noise concerns to achieve better community acceptance