Simulation applications accelerate the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
Simulation technology covers structures, fluids, plastic injection molding, acoustics, and structural applications. With the right technology users can use simulation techniques to drive design and power innovation within product teams.
For example, in Aerospace designers need to strike an intricate balance between requirements for capacity, weight, strength, efficiency, reliability, and safety. Modern flight vehicles undergo severe operating conditions, including changes in atmospheric pressure, temperature, and structural load.
The effective use of realistic simulation is a critical component of this process. Aerospace & Defense manufacturers and suppliers use Simulation as as part of their integrated development environment to evaluate design alternatives, collaborate on projects and leverage computing resources for more efficient analysis. Simulation approaches can be applied across discrete industries where load, weight, best fit, strength of materials and more need to be analyzed carefully for optimal outcomes.
Use simulation to assess the integrity of products under a wide range of loading conditions to guide decisions on product performance and quality. Perform strength and deflection calculations under static conditions to validate product performance and life to guide design modifications.
- Streamline simulation tasks for occasional users through guided workflows
- Simulate using the design geometry itself within a designer environment fully integrated with PLM and CAD
- Access specific technology for domain simulation such as noise & vibration
- Access a corporate library of simulation best-practices and standards
- Perform sophisticated structural simulations using best-in-class Abaqus simulation technology.
- Spend less time time looking for geometry, part or assembly information, fastener data, etc.
- Offers multistep structural scenarios for product performance and quality testing during the product design process
- Enables high performance results visualization, particularly for very large model
Simulation in Action: MBD Cavator
This video is a visualization of a concept dual arm excavator named Cavator simulated with advanced CAE tools. The Cavator mechanical system model is coupled with a granular material model to determine accurate material loads on the Bucket and providing insight into system level performance. ADAMS has been coupled with SIMDEM to provide a leading-edge solution.