Abaqus r2020x: A Complete Solution for Realistic Simulation
Abaqus, part of the SIMULIA offering, delivers a scalable suite of unified analysis products that allow all users, regardless of their simulation expertise or domain focus, to collaborate and seamlessly share simulation data and approved methods without loss of information fidelity.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite offers powerful and complete solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications. For example, in the automotive industry engineering work groups can consider full vehicle loads, dynamic vibration, multibody systems, impact/crash, nonlinear static, thermal coupling, and acoustic-structural coupling using a common model data structure and integrated solver technology. Best-in-class companies are taking advantage of Abaqus Unified FEA to consolidate their processes and tools, reduce costs and inefficiencies, and gain a competitive advantage.
- Improved correlation between tests and analysis results
- Greater efficiency in model generation
- Improved data transfer between simulations
- Reduction in a company’s FEA toolset and training expenses
- More flexible workforce through standardization on a single complete capability for structural simulation
- Linear and nonlinear analysis including geometric, material, and contact nonlinearities.
- Material models for metals, composites, human tissue, rubber, thermoplastics, and more
- Material fracture and failure
- Robust contact capabilities
- High-performance computing
- Abaqus/Standard now provides a capability to model solid-state phase transformation that can be used to simulate metals-based additive manufacturing and heat treatment processes.
- Abaqus/Explicit now provides non-quadratic yield surfaces for plasticity based on the criteria proposed by Barlat.
- Coupled temperature-displacement cohesive elements are now available in Abaqus/Standard.
- Accuracy of the linear elastic fatigue crack growth procedure in Abaqus/Standard has been significantly improved.
- The interference fit capability that previously existed in Abaqus/Standard is now also available in Abaqus/Explicit.
- The small sliding contact formulation which was previously available for contact pairs in Abaqus/Standard is now available with general contact in Abaqus/Standard.
- Thermal expansion of rigid bodies, kinematic couplings, and BEAM MPC’s is now supported.
- General contact property assignments such as friction can now be defined in terms of the underlying material assignments.
Modeling and Visualization Enhancements
- Abaqus/CAE can now directly import Solidworks .sldpart and .sldasm files without need for a 3rd party translator.
- Nodes and elements on dependent part instances can now be renumbered at the assembly level in Abaqus/CAE
- Abaqus/CAE now supports evaluation of the hyperfoam material model.
- Cells within a partitioned solid part can now be independently color coded
- Model instances (subassemblies) can now be used with linear and radial patterns.
Other Key Enhancements
- A new constraint-preconditioner enables use of the iterative solver for large model that include features such as hybrid elements, distributing couplings, and hard contact.
- Abaqus/Explicit now provides options to delete elements based on distortion and time increment size. Optionally, instead of deleting element, Abaqus/Explicit can switch to a linear kinematic formulation.
- A new Eulerian-Lagrangian contact formulation provides more accurate and robust contact enforcement.
- Abaqus/Explicit now offers a hybrid thread/MPI parallel processing capability that provides improved scaling and reduces memory requirements on modern multi-core HPC architectures.
Or fill out this form