Durability Analysis Software for Finite Element Models
fe-safe – The Durability Suite
Industry is putting increasing pressure on manufacturers to use less material to deliver lightweight but stronger components, lower warranty and recall costs and all in less time. Many companies use advanced finite element analysis to calculate design stresses, but the fatigue analysis is often still done by manually picking stress points for spreadsheet analysis. This is time-consuming and unreliable because it is easy to miss failure locations.
The fe-safe suite of software is the world’s leading technology for durability analysis from FEA, directly interfacing to all major FEA suites (Abaqus, ANSYS, Nastran (MSC, NEi , NX), Pro/Mechanica) and its capabilities have been developed to meet the most demanding industry applications.
fe-safe was the first commercially available fatigue analysis software to focus on modern multi-axial strain-based fatigue methods and it continues to set the benchmark for fatigue analysis software.
The fe-safe suite provides:
- fe-safe: Accurate, reliable multiaxial fatigue analysis, regardless of the complexity of your loadings and model
- fe-safe/Rubber: Unique, leading-edge technology for the fatigue analysis of elastomers
- Verity Module in fe-safe: The original, patented Verity® Structural Stress Method for seam, structural and spot welded joints
- fe-safe/TURBOlife: Thermomechanical fatigue analysis with unique capabilities for creep-fatigue interaction
- Smooth workflow between the SIMULIA portfolio of products: Abaqus, Isight and Tosca
Regardless of the complexity of your fatigue analysis, fe-safe fits smoothly into your design process, enabling you to develop products that are designed for durability.
With the fe-safe product suite as an integrated part of your design process, you have the ability to:
- Increase the fatigue life of safety critical components
- Optimize designs to use less material
- Reduce product recalls and warranty costs
- Optimize and validate design and test programs
- Improve correlation between test and analysis within a single user interface
- Reduce prototype test times
- Speed up analysis times, thereby reducing man-time hours
- Increase confidence that your product designs pass their test schedules as “right first time”
- Reduce reliance on physical testing
- Analyze welded joint and non-welded areas in a single run and display results on the same contour plot, thereby speeding up the whole model analysis
- Predict the fatigue life of elastomeric components alongside metal components
- Analyze strain gauge data and service loading using an intuitive and user friendly GUI
- Identify if fatigue damage is being caused by fatigue, creep fatigue or creep fatigue interactions