Simpack – Leading Multibody System Simulation (MBS) Technology for Technology Leaders
What is Simpack?
Simpack is a general multibody system simulation (MBS) software enabling analysts and engineers to simulate the non-linear motion of any mechanical or mechatronic system. It enables engineers to generate and solve virtual 3D models in order to predict and visualize motion, coupling forces and stresses.
Where can Simpack be used?
Simpack is used primarily within the automotive, engine, HIL/SIL/MIL, power transmission, railway, and wind energy industrial sectors, but can be applied to any branch of mechanical engineering.
What are the main advantages of Simpack?
Simpack simulation software is particularly well-suited to high frequency transient analyses, even into the acoustic range. Simpack was primarily developed to handle complex non-linear models with flexible bodies and harsh shock contact.
From initial concept designs, through to production and redesigns, Simpack is used to help engineers fully comprehend and optimize systems, vastly reduce the need for physical prototyping, reduce time-to-market and improve product quality and lifespan. In essence Simpack enables manufacturers to gain a competitive edge by offering the ability create high quality products in a time and materially efficient manner thus reducing overall costs in design, production and maintenance.
Diversity and good connectivity to various multi-physics software (e.g. control, hydraulics and FEA) enable Simpack to be easily integrated into any manufacturer’s already-established development processes.
All Simpack features are 100% compatible. Therefore, new software developments for one particular engineering field benefit all Simpack users regardless of the application area.
As part of the SIMULIA Brand, Simpack is the strategic MBS component of the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE portfolio.
Simpack 2021 Product Portfolio:
Simpack Pre enables users to build any kind of MBS model from scratch. Using the large variety of included modeling elements (e.g. rigid and flexible bodies, joints, forces, excitations and sensors), basic models can be generated for investigating general dynamic phenomena up to highly detailed models predicting durability and NVH behavior up to the acoustics range . The pre-processor is a basis and prerequisite for Simpack industry and application specific add-on products. Those add-on products are required to enable according capabilities or features.
- Enables users to build models from the ground up
- Large variety of included modeling elements
- No limitation regarding level of model detail
Simpack Post is required for the representation and post processing of Simpack MBS simulation results. 2D plots, 3D plots, and 3D animations can be easily generated and saved as templates. An extensive library of Filters enables easy data processing. User defined templates allow quick report generation and comparison of results.
- State of the art and easy-to-use User interface
- Various types of 2D/3D plots and tables
- 3D animations incl. flex. body scaling and contouring
- DOE result representations
- Scripting functionality in order to automate all post processing steps
- Native Simpack MBS result and external data handling
- Save and reuse of result representation configurations/templates
- Multi-model management/comparison
Core Simpack functionality to solve Simpack MBS models created in Simpack Pre or Simpack Wizard. There are static as well as dynamic time domain and frequency domain solver options. Apart from the general solver stability, accuracy and performance the Simpack Real Time capability is a unique technology feature. The Simpack solver options are available via Simpack Solve Tokens which provides easy and scalable access to according Simpack solver capabilities.
- Solver options for static and dynamic analysis in time and frequency domain
- Robust, fast and accurate
- Unique real time solver capability to handle offline models in real time
- Solver fully embedded in Simpack scripting environment. Use offline models for real time applications
- Automated kinematic tree generation for optimal model generation and performance
- Combine high accuracy and high frequency content with optimal performance
Simpack Wizard enables easy setup of standardized models and analysis processes for “deployment mode” of Simpack. Non-expert Simpack users can carry out company-specific standard analyses and review the results without MBS expert knowledge. Simpack Wizard is based on standard Simpack model databases which can be created and adapted using Simpack Pre.
- Provides easy, fast and reliable standard processes in order to:
- setup standard models
- select standard loadcases
- configure according scenarios (= model + loadcase)
- automate multi scenario job calculation
- represent standard results
- Scalable deployment to a group/department/company
- Fully compatible with Simpack Pre
- Configure and parameterize standardized MODELS
- Configure and parameterize standardized LOADCASES
- Create and run SCENARIOS (= MODEL + LOADCASE)
- Review according standard RESULTS
About 40 application specific Simpack Pre add-on products, for example:
- Simpack Automotive
- Simpack Rail
- Simpack Flex Modal (flexible body integration)
- Simpack Gear Pair
- Simpack EHD
- Simpack Realtime
Call (440) 257-7460
Or fill out the form.