Solving Pipe Stress Analysis with PCS
PCS is a specialty application that provides current pipe stress engineers with a familiar interface for a powerful finite element solver (SIMULIA Abaqus).
Finite element simulation of large piping systems requires not only an extensive knowledge of pipe stress analysis, but also a large amount of man-hours dedicated to geometry generation, loads & boundary conditions assignments, calculation, post-processing and finally reporting.
Many pipe stress engineers have challenges generating complex models on high-end finite element software, and most finite element engineers do not fully understand how to use the software to properly perform such analysis.
With PCS, pipe stress engineers can quickly add to their FEA capabilities:
- Geometric modeling of pipe geometry
- Internal databases of standard pipe sections and material properties
- Automatic generation of Abaqus features and interactions
- Post-processing Templates
- Tabular report generation